Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where have we been?

So my life has been flipped upside down these past 5 months that I have not been online. My mother past away on April 22nd in Tonga from an accident. Due to the news, I started contracting and subsequently had Kole James Taylor on April 26th. He was 6 lbs. 1 oz. He is now 13 lbs. I am grateful for the opportunity to have known this elect lady for 28 and 3/4 years. She was one of my best friends. I still have to catch myself from dialing her cell phone when one of my children says something funny. She was an extraordinary teacher and mother. I try to pattern my teaching after her. We are still receiving phone calls from former students stating that Sister Lee was their favorite teacher and they learned all that they needed to know to become a nurse from her. She instilled in us the importance of education, music, how to show love to each other and to other people, and how to serve one another just to name a few. She loved being grandma and my children still ask when grandma will be coming back home. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that I will see her again and be able to give her a big hug and a kiss. What a blessing it is to have the comfort of that. I am also grateful for the love and help that my ward and friends have shown us. I don't think I could have pulled it together without them. But life has to go on. Children demand it! So I am taking 1 day at a time. Some days are better than others. And hopefully be able to keep up on my blog-

2 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Gennelle, I feel bad I never called to tell you how sorry I was about your mom. I loved her so much and she taught me a ton of stuff. I really miss her too. It is such a great blessing knowing we will see her again:) I miss you, we need to get together, I want to meet Kole:) I don't really work at the office anymore, which has been nice and I am going to have a baby! Due forever away in May. Talk to you soon!

Mosers said...

I think about you quite often, and every time I drive past your house! I always think about stopping to say hi or see if you want to go for a walk or something, but I am shy and just haven't! Your mom was always great fun to work with and made me feel comfortable in who I am! ;)