Tuesday, March 17, 2009

OH, KATELYNN!!!!!
















That is what I felt when I found her with scissors in her hand chopping off all of her HAIR!!! So it was not as bad as I am making it out to be, but.... So here is the story. I was working out down stairs and Kaden yelled down to tell me that Katelynn was in his backpack. Thinking that she was in his crayons, I yelled back (not the best way to communicate, I know) to get them away and put his backpack up. After I was finished, 10 minutes later, I went up stairs to find her sitting down, a pile of her hair around her with the scissors still in her hands!!! I was so furious with her. Every time I tried to get the clumps off of her head, more hair came into my hands. I was so mad b/c her hair was the right length to put in a pony, and braid. So we took a little drive up to Aunt Katie's house and we had an emergency hair cut. If you ask Katelynn now if she should touch scissors, she states, "No, my mom would spank my bum!" and that is the truth:)

8 comments:

The Buthman Family said...

Its okay Genny... it is only hair and it will grow back!!! By the way she is such a little cutie!

CharityMay said...

what a little stinker! why do kids do that?! nicholas gave himself a haircut once, too. he had a little bald spot that took forever to grow in. at least no skin was cut, right? gotta look at the bright side!

Mommalutay said...

I know!! Georgia has had 2 haircuts from her loving brother!! The second has been the worst, fixable only by time!!

Jani Jo said...

Oh dear! That is one of my worst nightmares! But especially if I had a daughter w/themost gorgeous red hair ever...devastating. Yeah to Aunt Katie for saving the day:)

Natalie said...

Talk about bad flashbacks to when Seth got the scissors out and destroyed my kitchen curtains...I guess it's inevitable and makes great blogging stories!

Nat said...

It's kind of a rite of passage, isn't it?

Miranda said...

I have yet to have that happen here(knock on wood) but I would want to cry. I bet she is adorable with shorter hair. At least it wasn't in the front! I miss hanging out on Mondays!

Whitney said...

My mom is a hairdresser and while I was growing up I watched a lot of what she did in the salon which was in our home. I'm a hairdresser too but you wouldn't ever know it andyway, I didn't try the scissors, I tried the bleach and I put it right down my middle part - she really didn't like the dark outgrowth. Kiss her cheeks!