Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am feeling a little old!

So my friend Natalie showed me how to start up my playlist. I am so grateful for her. But while I was thinking of songs to include, I noticed that they are not the ones that would be played on the hottest radio stations. So am I now in the category of momville? My 10 year reunion is this year and I am so excited to see everyone, but that means that I am getting older. I still feel that I should be getting on the bus with the high school students, then I glance down and see my 5 1/2 year old and reality kicks in- Do you all feel the same way?

5 comments:

The Staker Family said...

I totally feel the same way, I think I am young and cool, but really I am not. My 10 year reunion is this year too and that just seems crazy to me. We can be in denial together and listen to our awesome music, and one day when our kids are a little older, they will look at us and think, "I am so embarassed that is my mom!"

Nat said...

I had an "old" moment about a month ago: I was looking at the girls that will be Beehives this year, and I was like, "Hey, they were born in 1997!" Um, that's the year I graduated from high school. Even though I'll be 30 this year, I still feel like I'm, like, 22.

thirdofeight said...

Yep. I'm there. How are ya Genn? I thought about ya the other day.. you going to the Lee Reunion next summer? I'm not sure if I'll make it, but will try...

Mommalutay said...

YES!!YES!!YES!!Love You Sqweeks.

Natalie said...

I like your playlist! I knew you could do it!

And no, you're not THAT old (you're one of the youngest in our graduating class) and at least your hubby will ALWAYS be older. It makes me feel better all the time. ;)