Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I can SEE 20/20!!

It is a miracle. It was so scary though. After it was said and done, my eyes felt like they were on fire, that I went through a sand storm with both eyes open, walking 100 miles. It was so awful that I questioned my reasoning of why I did this. But after 4 hours of this excruciating eye pain (From what I can remember, I think that it is close to childbirth with an epidural:) ), it got better, and my vision was clearer. While they were cutting my corneas, I had to concentrate on a red light. That was the hardest thing I had to do in my life. I was so scared to move, and it was so hard not to blink (I would not have been able to blink even if I wanted to because they put a device that held open the eye lid, but did anyone tell it to the nerves of my eye that send the impulses to my brain, NO!) I had to wear a shield for the rest of the day and night and I had to put in, and still have to put in, drops every hour. But I think it is so great to be able to walk to the bathroom w/o tripping over pillows, or look at the clock at night. I had the wave front technology, which is the custom lasik. This is suppose to reduce the halos at night etc, but it has not worked yet. I think that I expected perfect vision right from the start, but the Dr. stated that I need to be patient. The eyes are swollen, my corneas have just been cut, and the lenses have been re-contoured. But you all know me and I am not a patient kind of person. I had an appointment at the eye institute the next day and they said that I could see 20/20. I was so shocked. They stated that it is a little unusual to see that well the 1st post-op day, but be prepared to have your eyes regress a little. Then as the lenses heal, they will go back, hopefully. There is a 18 month enhancement agreement, so I am not worried. But if I get pregnant, it is voided. I don't think I have anything to worry about in that area, Aaron is still dead set on just 2. But looking back on the bad and the good- It is sooooo worth it. I recommend it to everyone. As soon as I them back, I will show you all the exciting "throwing away of the broken glasses pics". Oh and another thing, I was able to find some way cute post-op sunglasses!!!!

4 comments:

Jani Jo said...

That is so amazing. Honestly. I am so happy you got it done. Yeah!
On a side note, Happy Birthday Aaron! We love you. One more year livin' it up in your twenties:)

Mandie said...

I am glad that all went well with the surgery. I would love to see perfect driving at night that is a little scary. Congrats again, let me know if you need anything.

Kluane said...

Yay, I found your blog!! I'm sad I won't be seeing you guys in the mornings this week or next. Kaiden is doing swimming lessons and the only time they had left was 9am:( Don't have too much fun without me!

Rachel said...

Genelle, I found your blog! I hope that you don't care that I was looking at it. I am excited that your eye surgery went well. I may have to do that, along with my liposuction some day!!