Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Surgery

So Katelynn broke my glasses last week!! I was in the shower, and some how she managed to get them from the counter. All I heard was "Uh-oh, Mommy." I cleared the soap from my eyes and peeked out and she had them in two pieces!!! I could not believe it. SO I called the eye institute that day and they scheduled me today (at 1:30) for lasix! I am a little nervous, but VERY excited. Hopefully all will be well. These past weeks have been molded into one- it seems like. I BYU-I finished with classes two weeks ago and my grades are put in. Now I can enjoy 4 weeks of a much deserved break. We went Jet-skiing last weekend. I wanted to go because you cannot swim for a month after you have the procedure done. The kids loved every minute of it. Katelynn is going to be my dare devil child, I am afraid. On Monday, my mom took the kids and I to the open house of the Twin Falls LDS Temple. It is very similar to the Rexburg Temple. I feel blessed to be able to live in such close proximity to three temples ( 15 minutes away, 1/2 hour away, and now 2 1/2 hours away). This valley has been blessed! Anyways- I hope to be able to see this afternoon with out glasses!! I will have to take pictures. We will all have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Jani Jo said...

I hope everything went well w/the big surgery; I'm so jealous you got it done. That's also great that you were able to attend the temple open house; how neat. Let us know how things turned out today:)

The Larsons said...

I am SOOOO jealous! I want it so bad! You'll have to post details about how it goes. So fun you got to go to the temple open house too. I am sad to move near Kansas City, cause St. Louis will still be our temple district, and it is 3.5 hours away. I guess it is better than a lot of people though!

Hillman Family said...

Hope it all went well. I've heard great things about the surgery. Call if you need anything!

Jani Jo said...

Gennelle, what's your e-mail again? I wanted to invite you to view our blog. E-mail me at: janicaw@hotmail.com. I knew I should've written it down....