Monday, December 15, 2008

What am I doing?

So I feel that I have so many things to do and not enough time to do them (only ten more shopping days left until the big guy in red comes!!) When I think that I am close to being done for Christmas, something else pops up, ugh!! I really need to think of what the real reason of Christmas is for- right? It is really fun with the kids this year. We have hit almost every Santa that comes to town. Kaden asks for everything that he can possibly think of and Katelynn just smiles and gives Santa a big hug. Last Saturday, Aaron had the opportunity to shop with a 10 year old girl and a 8 year old boy for presents. The plumbing supply company sponsored it and each child received 100 dollars. He said that both of the children and many others were thinking of gifts not for themselves, but for their siblings or parents. What a moving experience. The two children that were with Aaron stated that they needed coats b/c theirs were either to big (the little boy was wearing his father's) or too cold. WOW! I could not believe that! I am so blessed to be able to provide a warm home, warm coats, and food for my children. I also feel amazed that children are so selfless that they think of others and not just themselves. I guess that is why Jesus Christ taught us to be like little children. I hope through out this holiday season, we may think of those less fortunate than ourselves and really thank Heavenly Father for the blessings he has given to us-

5 comments:

The Buthman Family said...

I am glad that you decided to update your blog. That was neat about Aaron's experience. Love you sis

Natalie said...

It's SO easy to forget the real reason for the season as we frantically move from one thing to another.

Chris also got the chance to help a child in need by doing the Shop with a Cop last Saturday. He said that he wants to do it every year as long as he can because it made that much of an impression on him.

As for our monthly get-together (which is overdue!) I was thinking of doing something on my b-day (the 28th) like go see Twilight or something ;) but I'll talk with you more on that after the whirlwind holiday is over!

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Gennelle!!! I'm such a bad friend. I've been thinking and thinking of calling you for MONTHS!! and I never do it! Please forgive me? I'm so glad you found me. Your little family is so cute!! What else have you been doing? Do you have an email address? Can I call you (for real this time).
Miss you!!
camiandavis@gmail.com

Rachel said...

Sometimes we all need a reminder of why we do what we do. I loved your neighbor gift. What a good idea, very useful. Thanks!

Dawna and Matt said...

I hope you dont mind that I found your blog. Your children have grown so much and look darling. Wish we could see all of you more often. I dont antisipate any funerals to bring you to the beautiful CDA any time soon though:) You all look great!